Saturday, July 11, 2015

Canada Day and Cherry Fiesta Celebrations



July 1st is some what a unique Holiday in Osoyoos, British Columbia​ as it is a co-celebration of Canada Day and the Cherry Fiesta!
Through out the day the town and in particular the Osoyoos Festival Society​ work hard to provide a full day of Family Friendly Fun Activities that include an even mix of Canada Day and Cherry themed events and activities through out the day. With most if not all of the events are free of charge and the majority of which all take place in the Same block of Osoyoos which is the Gyro Park Area. The exception of course is the Early Morning Pancake Breakfast & Parade.

This year the town was celebrating the annual 67th Cherry Fiesta and of course recognizing  the 148th Canada Day which had a National theme of Strong, Proud and Free  for Canada Day 2015.

During the Day I as a British Columbia Ambassador Candidate had the honor of taking part in the Parade which is always a Crowd Favorite. My Red car was driven by the Amicable Mr. Heather and it more or less perfectly matched the Cherries on my Sun Dress!
The annual parade always draws a huge crowd and can see thousands of people line the Main Street which is also Highway 3.


Afterwards I attended the Dignitary Luncheon alongside the other Visiting Royalty as well as the Local Osoyoos Royalty including the Newly Crowned 2015 Royalty Team, the recently retired 2014 Osoyoos Royalty and myself and Viveka Jensen as BC Ambassador Candidates from Osoyoos.






Also in attendance was Juliana Martine who is a member of the current 2014  British Columbia Ambassador Team and is from nearby Oliver!


Left to Right The Three West Kelowna Ambasssadors [Blue]; Summerland Royalty [Peach]; Viveka Jensen fellow Osoyoos BC Ambassador Candidate [White]; Trail Ambassadors [Red] Juliana Martine BC Ambassador [Black] standing next to 1 Oliver Ambassador with myself standing next to her and beside her fellow Oliver Ambassador.
FRONT Row Osoyoos Royalty 
Left to right Retired 2014 Miss Osoyoos Sitting next to one of the 2015 Osoyoos Princesses  Tianna with newly crowned Miss Osoyoos 2015 Emma in the middle sitting next to the other 2015 Osoyoos Princess Bailey, with newly retired Osoyoos Princess 2014 Ali sitting on the otherside.


After the Luncheon we were all invited to come up on stage during the Opening Ceremony and were each able to say a few words to the large crowd gathered around the Band shell.



Here are myself and Viveka Jensen as British Columbia Ambassador Candidates from Osoyoos standing with Juliana Martine one of the current 2014 BC Ambassador Team Members who is from the neighboring community of Oliver!



After the opening Ceremony I headed down to my official Fundraising and Information Booth where I was raising money by selling Home made Lip balm as well as Glow sticks, rings and bracelets through out the evening. I also sold a British Columbia Ambassador T-shirts too.







Here is my table display which I decorated with handmade Canada Day Decorations as well as Printed BC Ambassador Posters and a Display Board which I made by hand highlighting information about myself, the British Columbia Ambassador Program, my sponsor and showcasing all the different things I have been doing during my time as an Osoyoos British Columbia Ambassador Candidate!

Through out the afternoon I sold homemade Lemon flavored Lip Balm for $2.00 as well as selling a few different BC Ambassador Promotion T-Shirts.

During the Evening I sold Glowing themed items such as Glow Rings and glow stick Bracelets, lanyards and multicolored necklaces!

By the end of the night I made just over $400 excluding the amount of T-shirt Sales. I would like ot thank the Osoyoos Festival Society for giving me a deal on my table fee and my Friends at Crave Ice for providing me with free Shaved Ice [including just plain cups of ice] to keep me cool and hydrated through out the day.

Now I was literally Raising money well into the first 10 minutes of the Fireworks. Which meant that this year was one of the first years that I had quite a different view of the fireworks. Although it may not have been the best of views as I had to spend most of the time watching the table and helping pack up, it did give me a new perspective on the amount of people who flock to the edge of Osoyoos Lake to watch the fireworks.

I did get some cool photos of the crowd watching the fireworks from the grassy Osoyoos Lake Shoreline near Watermark Beach Resort! As well as the
Full Moon
reflected on
Osoyoos Lake.

I would like to commend everyone who worked hard to put on another Successful Canada Day and Cherry Fiesta Celebration including the Osoyoos Festival Society, the Town of Osoyoos, the Osoyoos Royalty Program [Pageant & Royalty Float co-coordinator] and of course the Osoyoos Fireworks Society!









No comments:

Post a Comment