Saturday, July 25, 2015

Fundraising at the Osoyoos Market on Main Summer markets


In the beginning of July I submitted an application to sell homemade Sunscreen and Lip Balm during the Osoyoos Market on Main Summer Saturday morning and Wednesday evening markets.
By Mid July my Application was approved and on July 21st  I quickly made Home Made Sunscreen with SPF 15 to sell at my first Osoyoos Market on Main evening market as a vendor on Wednesday July 22nd.

I sold my Sunscreen alongside the home made lip balm I made to sell at the Cherry Fiesta.
As my original plan had been to sell both the Lip balm and the Sunscreen on July 1st during the Osoyoos Canada Day and Cherry Fiesta Celebrations hosted by the Osoyoos Festival Society. However ingredients for the sunscreen were on back order and didn't arrive in time!

It was quite a different experience being on the other side of the market by attending as a Vendor versus a BC Farmers Market shopper. I enjoyed my evening getting to know the other vendors whilst selling my Lip balm & Sunscreen and speaking with locals and tourists. During the evening I also handed out business cards and talked about my experience with the British Columbia Ambassador Program and my time spent as a candidate.

I will continue to sell my Sunscreen and Lip Balm when I host my BC Ambassador Candidacy Fundraising and information booth. When I attend the upcoming Evening Market on Wednesday  July 29th, the Saturday Morning Market on August 1st, the evening market on August 5th and my last Farmers market fundraiser on August 8th.

The Osoyoos Market on Main Society hosts the Summer Markets at Town Square Between Town Hall & Destination Osoyoos on Mainstreet/Highway #3. With the Saturday Morning markets  that started in May and will continue every Saturday morning from 8:00 a.m to 1 p.,m until September. With the Wednesday evening markets held between 5:30 to 8:30 through out July and August.
I hope you all come out and Buy local and come say Hi!








No comments:

Post a Comment