Saturday, July 25, 2015

Board of Directors Meeting for South Okanagan Toastmasters Club #7791

On August 25th I attended my first Board meeting for Toastmasters 
Back in June I was elected as Vice President Public Relations for South Okanagan Toastmasters Club #7791 and will serve on the board of directors for the next year. Along side my fellow board members. 

On Tuesday at our Summer July meeting which was held here in Osoyoos at a fellow board members house. During the evening I presented the newest version of my British Columbia Program Community speech about Osoyoos as part of my judged public events. I also received my official Toastmasters International Name tag which was just in time. 

As today on July 25th we held our first Board meeting where  we  went over the expected budget for this year [2015/2016.]  The Board also talked about any club news and went over initial goals both as a club and for each individual board member and their respective duties. 

Over all it was an incredibly productive meeting with lot's of ideas mentioned and a decent amount of work accomplished. As a board I am looking forward to working together with my team to ensure the continued success of our Club as well as  helping empower other people by giving them the tools needed to glean  essential Skills in communication as well as leadership over all! 

2015/2016 Board of Directors for South Okanagan Toastmasters Club #7791
[Pictured left from right]
President Shauna Burbidge, Vice President of Education Mark Kelly, *Not pictured but 3rd ranking officer* VP of Membership Walter Peron, VP of Public Relations Chelsea Cameron-Horner: British Columbia Ambassador Candidate 2015 Secretary Alleson Mandziuk, Treasurer Barb Chipperfield, Sergeant at Arms Victor Barnson and also on the board but not pictured is the Immediate past President Cal.


No comments:

Post a Comment