Saturday, April 4, 2015

Easter extravaganza BC Ambassador Fundraiser

Fundraising at the Osoyoos Easter Extravaganza 

 On April 4th I was able to attend the Osoyoos Easter Extravaganza as a British Columbia Candidate & host a fundraiser where I sold Cotton candy.
My friend who owns Crave Ice graciously allowed us to use his Cotton Candy Maker to make 75 bags of Cotton Candy! 
The Osoyoos Festival society graciously allowed me to sell Cotton Candy at the Osoyoos Easter Extravaganza even though they orignially weren't going to let anyone sell any food at the event. Osoyoos Royalty Program Graciously allowed me to use part of their designated Spot at the Osoyoos Easter Extravaganza where I set up my table which was lent to me by the Osoyoos Duty Free Shop. I spent the entire morning selling my cotton candy and was able to sell roughly 50 bags of Cotton candy between 9 a.m and 1 p.m. During my time at the Easter Extravaganza one volunteer had made these scrumptious scones for everyone who came out to Volunteer this morning!


Eventually the Osoyoos Grad Class came and set up a really unique fundraiser beside mine. It was called Pie a Grad and they were selling people pies for either 1 for $2 or 3 for $5 which you could throw into the face of a Grad. The two young men who were the brave volunteers were extremely good sports an allowed people to throw pies at them for a few hours - without complaint. It was really adorable as there were a few little ones who were a bit hesitant to throw the pies, one little boy wouldn't even do it, instead he ran up to the boy and handed him the plate and the Grad humored the little guy by smashing his own face with the plate. 



The 2014 Osoyoos Royalty Team and the 2015 Miss Osoyoos Candidates were kept extremely busy as they hosted a Fish Pond, a throwing game as well as offered face painting, however We managed to take a few moments to take a few photos. Also offered at the Easter Extravaganza was the traditional Pancake breakfast and the offered a Bouncy Castle and petting zoo for the kids! Across the square at the Fire Hall the Osoyoos Fire fighters did their annual fundraiser for the Canadian Cancer Society where they were selling hotdogs and shaving their heads. 


Through out the morning there were several other Easter events going on such as the Kid's large Easter Egg hunt at the local elementary school, a smaller Easter Egg Hunt at the Osoyoos Home Hardware, pictures with the Easter Bunny and the official Opening of this month's Art Exhibit which is called Young Osoyoos Artists and features artwork from local Youth. 

The Festival Society booth.


The Petting Zoo


A Dancing Easter Bunny

Myself with The 2014 Osoyoos Royalty and 2015 Miss Osoyoos Candidates

At around 1 p.m the Easter Extravaganza came to a close, I however continued selling my Cotton Candy outside of  A New Leaf Tea & Gifts where I continued to sell my cotton candy until 5 p.m. At that point I had been selling Cotton Candy for 8 hours and had sold 65 bags of Cotton Candy. So I decided to call it a day. 




I had an extremely successful as well as enjoyable morning and afternoon fundraising. I will be making a donation to V Day Oliver-Osoyoos since I have decided to give back to Local groups and charities whenever I do a fundraiser whether it is through a monetary donation or something else. Giving back to my community as much as possible is extremely important to me and I am eager to use my fundraisers as a chance to give back to those who work endless to better  the lives of people within my community. I have chosen V Day Oliver-Osoyoos (FB) as the recipient of my First donation because it is a truly marvelous group of dedicated volunteers. I became a Member of the V-Day Oliver-Osoyoos group in the winter and have since been so very warmly welcomed, supported and just awe struck by this fantastic group of people with such very big hearts! 


Thanks for reading my blog & supporting me as a British Columbia Ambassador Candidate. I hope you all have a wonderful Easter. Lastly here is a video of me throwing a pie at someone's face (on purpose) Throwing pie at someone (on purpose) - Bellz9113



Follow my other Social Media Posts relating to this event here~
Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/ceceforbcap
Blogger
http://ceceforbcap.blogspot.ca/2015/03/makeup-look-for-osoyoos-museum-open.html
http://ceceforbcap.blogspot.ca/2015/03/volunteering.html

WordPress
https://ceceforbcap.wordpress.com/2015/03/31/118/
https://ceceforbcap.wordpress.com/2015/03/29/osoyoos-museum-society-spring-open-house/

YouTube- Bellz9113
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9eKaIlQ9zo&list=PL1XRRHCh46sxLua4RLn-rKEpowPARvLaC&index=8
BC Ambassador Candidacy Journey 2015 Playlisthttps://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1XRRHCh46sxLua4RLn-rKEpowPARvLaC

Find me else where on Social Media~ 
Instagram @princesscece1991 
https://instagram.com/princesscece1991/
Twitter @PrincessCeCe91
https://twitter.com/PrincessCeCe


No comments:

Post a Comment