Wednesday, April 29, 2015

SOAP Presents the Melville Boys

Way back in January I auditioned for South Okanagan Amateur Players Spring production which of course is The Melville Boys.  Although I did not get a part I did help a little bit with social media.
The Melville Boys had performances in Osoyoos on April 24th & 25th. I attended the Opening night performance on Friday night which was the 24th.
Here I am posing in front of a Cast Photo Display that was set up in the Foyer. 


What was sadly unique to this SOAP production was the fact that it was dedicated to the late Longtime member of SOAP Jennifer Maplebeck who recently passed away. A worthy reason why you should go see the play [if you have yet to do so] is that $2.00 from Every ticket sold is going to Frank Venables Theatre as  a memorial of Jennifer's longtime dedication to local theatre. She  was more or less a lifetime member of SOAP as well as an active member of the Oliver Community and she will be truly missed. I have to say that by witnessing a large portion of the Audience give a standing Ovation on Friday Night I felt as if Jennifer was proudly looking down at everyone and clapping along with everyone else.

I just want to congratulate the entire cast & Crew for putting on such an excellent show and for SOAP as a group for continuing to raise the caliber of the productions they put on. Everyone Did such a fantastic Job and I think it was a truly fabulous Directorial Debut for Nathan Linders.  

I also must say a special shout to the Set crew which included Jennifer, her husband Brian and another long time member of SOAP, Tom. The set was so gorgeous and truly well done and I was thoroughly impressed with how fantastic it looked!! 
I highly recommend for anyone who has yet to see it, check out one of the Oliver Performances. The Melville Boys will be at Frank Venables Theatre in Oliver on Friday May 1st and Saturday May the 2nd with the curtain rising promptly at 8 p.m both evenings. Tickets are still for sale at Sundance Video in Oliver, Yore Dollar Store with More in Osoyoos and the dragons den in Penticton for $18.00 or available at the door for $20.00. I hope everyone attends one of the Shows and supports the local fine arts and theatre in our community 


Check out South Okaganagan Amateur Players online

No comments:

Post a Comment