Thursday, April 30, 2015

Osoyoos Young Artists - Art Display at the Osoyoos Art Gallery

On Saturday afternoon I went to the Osoyoos Art Gallery to view the Osoyoos Young Artists showcase which was being displayed from April 4th to April 25th. I had actually previously seen the display when I went into the Art Gallery to Join Osoyoos & District Arts Council. However this time I was taking my mom to see the art. 

The Art Gallery is on the small size with two showcase rooms but I like it because it feels more cozy. This particular art display was featuring the Young talent that Osoyoos has to offer. Some of the Artists were as young as 2 years old and the eldest were the local 18 year olds. Art was submitted by the three schools in town as well as one of the day cares.  

I was awe struck by how talented everyone was and was extremely proud of all of the art being displayed. One could tell how much work was put into the pieces. There was also quite a variety of art on display everything from pencil drawings to paper mache, Marconi art, to sculptures and all that in between!

In this last picture one of the Art Gallery Volunteers is showing me a particularily powerful piece that was inspired by Emma Sulkowicz aka mattress girl The artist painted Emma Dragging her mattress around. If you are unfamiliar with Emma's story I highly recommend you read more about her above by clicking on her name. She's truly a strong young woman and this piece is such a brilliant tribute to her, her story and her cause which is to bring attention to Sexual Violence that happens in Post Secondary Educational institutions like Colleges or Universities. 





No comments:

Post a Comment