Sunday, September 6, 2015

My interview with the 2015 BC Ambassador Judges

All along I feel that  I was one of the few candidates who wasn't quite so nervous for the interview with the judges. Although, the interview did rank quite high points wise accounting for 70 possible points and lasting 20 minutes. It still didn't phase me all that much. As  I said to the second last candidate who hung out with me while we waited, they've already been judging us this entire time. So what is the big deal really? I knew that if I went into the interview relaxed and not over thinking it, I could be my genuine self and portray myself as honestly as possible. 



When I walked into the room I shook hands with the three judges and submitted my two Impromtu questions to our head judge which were as follows
  1. What words do you live by and do they align with your life goals? 
  2. How do you define Success? 
After that I sat on a chair in the middle of the room facing the table of three judges. Some of the questions I remember them asking me included what is the Tourism motto for the Province which was easy - "Super Natural British Columbia." Also they asked me questions about climate change and perhaps it included what I would do. Which was pretty funny as I had literally been asked that very question during my Summer Toastmasters meeting in July! 

I was also asked this "If you had travel back in time 100 years taking you to 1915 what would you take with you from the current time." To which I replied an atlas because the world has changed so much and I thought it would be the easiest and most logical way to explain it. I also felt that it wouldn't be something that would overwhelm those living in the past. 

Some of my other questions were things like what would I change about the Province today and I said nothing political but rather focused on Social media, as I do feel the Province could use Social media to their advantage when it comes to Marketing our beautiful Province as well as connecting with and reaching out to everyone who lives here. 

Another question included my future goals/aspirations to which I replied that my dream goal was to be a life coach but to have my business centered around Social media. At the very least I would like to attain a career focused in social media. I told them I planned to take Social Media analysis at school through online courses enabling me to have a job when I eventually went to college. I would then take a mix of Social media/Public relation courses as well as leadership and if possible Life Coaching courses. 

I talked about how long I've been passionate about Social media and in particular Youtube. I also said that my back up career could be going into Special FX makeup and posting videos & tutorials online. As I have already established myself as a self-taught Special Fx MUA having even won more than one international Makeup contest. 

Some of the other questions included my intentions for participating in the program, what I got out of the program during my candidacy, what I would change about the program in the future and lastly if I would take on a title if given one. 

The last few questions were the most difficult for me. First they asked me about the current Canadian Federal Election for which I couldn't remember the names of everyone running but made a joke saying no one can seem to get much social media coverage here in Canada with Donald Trump's campaigning and Social media craze. Which made everyone laugh! 

I was also asked what would be an advantage to having me reign over one of my other candidates & what qualities/traits and skills I would bring with me to the team. 
The most difficult question was being asked to chose 3 of the 2015 Candidates to make up the 2015 British Columbia Ambassador team. Which was a tricky question because you could play it so many ways, being diplomatic and not naming yourself, providing a balanced answer and naming yourself alongside two others, or simply describing the best traits you think a team should have over all and honestly naming the three people [even if it's you] who exhibit those qualities. 

After that last question my twenty minutes were up and I was rushed off to the Saloon. As it was now quarter to one with the Luncheon starting at 1 p.m, the question soon became would I make it to lunch???? 



Social Media

Check out me out here 
Blogger: My  interview with the 2015 BC Ambassador Judges http://ceceforbcap.blogspot.ca/2015/09/my-interview-with-2015-bc-ambassador.html
WordPress: My  interview with the 2015 BC Ambassador Judges https://ceceforbcap.wordpress.com/2015/09/06/my-interview-with-the-2015-bc-ambassador-judges/


Youtube~
BC Ambassador Candidacy 2015 Vlog Playlist 
Find me else where on Social Media~ 
Instagram @princesscece1991 

Twitter @PrincessCeCe91

No comments:

Post a Comment