Monday, September 14, 2015

Chelsea's Mad Method to tackle on stage Presentations

Chelsea's Mad method for making presentations


I AM basically going to let you all in on SUPER Secret method that I meticulously created last year and now use  to prepare for  anything I do on stage that includes the act of breaking down and eventually combining verbal & non-verbal parts needed to perfect your stage presence and presentation.

Basically I came up with this method Last year when I appeared in my first Principal Role with South Okanagan Amateur Players 

I use recordings as part of my Practice System to help me prepare hyper focus and prepare for specific components to on stage communication including Verbal & Non verbal.

 For my method I record 4  videos  of myself practicing whatever it is I'm working on breaking down each video by focusing on Verbal & non verbal communication even going so far as breaking it down further by creating different videos for Facial emotions & physical body movements. Before putting it All together.

The 4 STEPS

  1. For the first video I record myself sitting directly in front of my camera and simply recite verbally whatever it is I am working on.
  2. My second video is strictly my facial gestures I plan to make during my presentation which included me recording hundreds of minute long videos last year where I am  totally silent and reacting  using ONLY my face to that scene. 
  3. The Third video is where I work on using my physical and over all body gestures/posture & movement by staying silent and maintaining a neutral face throughout. 
  4. FOR the FINAL video recording using my method I take everything I gleaned from all the other videos & apply it all. Basically I give my verbal presentation whilst moving around and using my face to emote further! 
Last year was a great practice makes perfect scenario as I had a huge part and broke my method down into what was probably hundreds upon hundreds of me breaking down every scene [going from entrances & exits] and all of the musical numbers. I basically spent an entire week meticulously applying this new method to the entire script & Musical arrangement from  Nunset Boulevard

I HOPE this makes sense and gives you some ideas on how you can better prepare for & perfect any presentations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment