Monday, March 16, 2015

My British Columbia Ambassador Program Experiences - Past and Present

Hello & welcome to my Candidacy Facebook Page. My name is Chelsea Elizabeth Cameron-Horner and I was born and raised in Osoyoos and I have yet to leave my home town since I called it just that - Home - 23 years ago. fun fact:I have been attending the British Columbia Ambassador pageant each year since I first attended as Osoyoos Princess at the 2008 pageant. 
During my 2 year reign as an Osoyoos Princess I got to reign with 3 British Columbia Ambassador teams from 2007, 2008 and 2009. I had the pleasure of calling 10 wonderfully inspiring Young Ladies friends. Many of whom I still consider to be some of my current Role Models. 
 From August of 2008 onward to Last year I have been going to the Coronation & Award's portion of the Show (I did attend both days in 2008 & 2009) and have watched 25 ladies take on the title of British Columbia Ambassador. This year I have decided to take on the challenge of vying for the crown as a 2015 British Columbia Ambassador Candidate! 
 I have seen many young women take on the Role of a BC ambassador & have even reigned with 19 of them personally during our respective Community reigns. These young women come from all walks of life, representing a multitude of different things. The 19 I mentioned reigning with - I had the pleasure of them growing into Confident and strong Women all of whom have gone on to do incredible things. 
 I myself am excited to start where they all did - as a Candidate. I am delighted to take part in the program in hopes that it aligns with my Life goal of continually challenging myself as a person so that I may always continue to grow in hopes of always bettering myself. Upon the passing of my friend in May of 2014, I started to realize that my life lacked purpose & clarity. Soon after his passing I found myself being cast in my very first principal Role in my local theater group (South Okanagan Amateur Players) Fall production of Nunset Boulevard. I had auditioned on a whim kind of in honor of my friend (He passed just weeks before my audition) thinking what the heck I have to start taking as many chances as life presents me. 
 This whim would go on to change my life & cementing things like goal Setting along with consciously setting & achieving goals that align with my Life Purpose, Intent, goal and all become a part of my meaningful life legacy. I grew immensely in the past year alone especially in light of losing someone very dear to me quite suddenly. 
 I now feel like I am at my best point in life to be able to fully appreciate my Journey as  British Columbia Ambassador Program. Last fall after finishing my musical I realized it was not my performances I treasured the most but my growth as a person & the new life path I started traveling along. I am curious (Slightly over whelmed) but mostly eager to see what kind of journey My Candidacy brings me. I am most excited to see what challenges I will ultimately over come & how this will shape me as a person. It is a true honor to embark on this Journey - my candidacy & participation in the program - when I know I will one day value the life lessons I will learn & changes that I will go through.
 Ultimately I am excited to see not the outcome of my candidacy so much as who will become a title of a 2015 British Columbia Ambassador - but how this journey will become just another puzzle piece in my life, something that fell into place as I continued to evolve as a person. Thank you for joining me on this journey <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment