Friday, May 1, 2015

Osoyoos Daffodil Dash

On April 26th the town of Osoyoos was hosting it's first Inaugural Daffodil Dash as a replacement  for the previous Relay for Life events that were held in Osoyoos previously. 
Both the Daffodil Dash & the Relay for Life are Fundraising events for the Canadian Cancer Society that are held within a community. 

The Relay for life is typically a walk that goes on for a duration of either 24 hours or 12 hours and teams that participate have one member who is always out on the track walking during the event. 
The Daffodil Dash is a Run where teams or individuals can sign up to either walk or run between 1km, 5 km or 1 km. 
All of the money raised at either of these events goes to the Canadian Cancer Society BC & Yukon Division.  

The Osoyoos Daffodil Dash  was being held on Sunday April 26th and was an extremely successful first time even with 45 different participants as reported by the Osoyoos Times.  Originally Viveka and I had been planning to attend the event as Volunteers however an unwise shoe choice by both of us at the previous evening's Oyster Festival left us both a little worse for wear. 


Instead I made a Monetary Donation and walked a small portion of the track which rang alongside the different but equally stunning walking paths along the shore line of Osoyoos Lake.  
It was such a gloriously sunny afternoon and perfect timing for this event! 

For those who did not know the Month of April was known as Daffodil Month . Daffodil month is another Canadian Cancer Society initiative and fundraiser where through out the month daffodil flowers and daffodil flower pins are sold by Volunteers across the country. People then wear the pins as an act of solidarity for those whose lives have been impacted by Cancer. 
I bought a Pin this year and wore it until it all the petals fell off & then found my old Daffodil Pin which remained on my Banner for the rest of the month. 

I myself have had several members of my family be diagnosed with different types of cancer and have lost 4 different beloved members of my family who lost their own battles. Most recently I lost my cousin Laurie on December 31st in 2014. In the past I have always made an effort to go out and support as well as attend different Canadian Cancer Society Fundraisers being held in Osoyoos. My initial volunteering & Fundraising for the Canadian Cancer Society started when I was only 5 years old and I canvassed door to door with my Mom. A Few years ago I raised over $1500 for the Canadian Cancer Society during one of the Relay for Life events that was held in Osoyoos.
So naturally I was quite pleased at the turn out and success of the first ever Daffodil Dash held here in Osoyoos last weekend. 

Lastly I would like to commend and congratulate everyone who participated in, volunteered at, or made donations toward this first time event held last weekend! I hope that the Daffodil Dash continues to be a successful fundraiser for the Canadian Cancer Society for many years to come! 

Follow my other Social Media Posts relating to this event here~
Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/ceceforbcap
Blogger-http://ceceforbcap.blogspot.ca/2015/05/osoyoos-daffodil-dash.html
WordPresshttps://ceceforbcap.wordpress.com/2015/05/01/osoyoos-daffodil-dash/
YouTube- Bellz9113
BC Ambassador Candidacy Journey 2015 Playlisthttps://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1XRRHCh46sxLua4RLn-rKEpowPARvLaC

Find me else where on Social Media~ 
Instagram @princesscece1991 
https://instagram.com/princesscece1991/
Twitter @PrincessCeCe91
https://twitter.com/PrincessCeCe91

No comments:

Post a Comment