Saturday, May 9, 2015

Osoyoos Museum May BBQ Fundraiser




During the Morning of April 9th I volunteered at the Osoyoos Museum BBQ Fundraiser

Early in the morning [at least to me] I slathered on my Sunscreen including my Mary Kay  Timewise Day Solution and Sunscreen, put on my Yellow Dress from Wander Cafe Osoyoos  and walked down to the local AG Foods Osoyoos where the Osoyoos & District Museum and Archives was hosting the first of two Hot Dog BBQ Fundraisers! 


I got to the BBQ around quarter to 11 a.m and stayed until 1 p.m when I had another event to head over to. Through out the BBQ I was in charge of the money and boy was I busy! Another way I was helping was by being the person who had a Food Safe certificate. Food safe is such an easy and in my oppinion important certificate to get. if you have yet to complete your food Safe I highly recommend investing in taking a Food Safe Course. 
We were selling a Hotdog & A pop for a TOONIE thats $2.00!!! So naturally we had many a person who stopped for a Juicy Hot Dog after they had done their morning shopping in the store! 
I too had a Hot Dog of my own! 


Recently I joined the Osoyoos Museum Society and that is how I was helping out today. However I did get a formal invite to attend and help out on Behalf of my British Columbia Ambassador program Sponsor Doctor Martha Collins from Sunshine Valley Family Chiropractic who is also a member of the Osoyoos Museum Society! Here is a picture of myself & my Sponsor - Doctor Martha! 

During our Fundraiser everyone was hard at work whilst basking in the Hot Osoyoos Sunshine, it got up to 25 Celsius today!!! 
I would say we had a fabulously successful morning as we not only sold nearly [if not more than] 50 Hot Dogs, we also signed up two new members for the Osoyoos Museum Society, and sold an Apron which is a continual Museum Fundraiser. Plenty of people also took a free Friend of the Osoyoos Museum Support Button! 


I would like to thank the Osoyoos & District Museum and Archives for inviting me to help out today. I look forward to helping out again Next weekend! 


So don't forget that the members of the  Osoyoos Museum Society  will once again be hosting a second Hot Dog BBQ Fundraiser outside of AG Foods Osoyoos next weekend on Saturday May 16th from 11 a.m until 2 p.m, for the Same steal of a deal of a Hot Dog & A Pop for a Toonie/$2.00





No comments:

Post a Comment