Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Random Acts of Kindness for Mother's Day

So on Saturday May the 9th I had an insanely busy day but felt confident and chill [I swear its my Yellow Dress from the Wander Home & Cafe in Osoyoos . Pretty sure the good vibes there have followed my dress and have continued to bless me with a Cheery Attitude.  after having spent the morning Handing out hotdogs at the Osoyoos & District Museum and Archives BBQ Fundraiser held at AG Foods Osoyoos. followed by an afternoon spent learning how to be a Pro Lawn Bowler at the Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club 2015 Open House. I decided to go and buy as many carnations at a local florist called the Polka Dot Door. I had enough money in my wallet to buy 7 carnations in assorted colors. 



I then headed straight next door to the Saffron Hair Design to give a flower to Mandy. Mandy has been cutting my hair since shortly after she opened. She co-owns the business with her Husband and his daughter [Mandy's Step Daughter] also works there as an On Call Makeup artist. So it's truly a mom and pop joint. The Vibe in that place is really chill, comfortable and a total HONEST yet safe zone. The topics we can discuss within one hair appointment range from heavy tiaras, to the job of coming up with new nail polish names, to just talking about life and everything else in between.

Next up I booked it up to my favorite Spa which is Solterra Desert Spa and it on the grounds of Nk'Mip resort located directly inside of the Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort Lobby. I am absolutely in Love with the Nk'Mip grounds and gorgeous and yet totally natural feeling Desert Decor & landscaping. It all blends into the actual Desert area surrounding the Resort, Vineyard, Golf Course, and Nk'Mip Desert Cultural Centre  Anyway I have been a VIP Client at the Spa since it first opened under the previous owner way back when the Resort first opened their doors. Basically I have been going to this Spa for nearly 8 years.


Funny Story the first owner Melissa, I actually met her  when she was just starting out as an esthetician back when I was 12. My  parents had treated me to my first manicure at a before one of my Ballet recitals. I was one of Maj's [the current owner] first clients when she started out at the spa under Melissa's management. So I got to watch Maj grow and become a Successful Spa Owner and the BIG BOSS. Just kidding she isn't at all bossy but super sweet!!! So I knew she deserved a Flower even though she only has fur babies. [THEY count.]

After that I swung by a few other shops to leave flowers with people & even gave one out to this adorable young family. They had a baby and a 4 year old girl. The girl LOVED the fact that her new flower Was pink!










We then headed south towards the border and stopped by my mom's work - The Osoyoos Duty Free Shop to give one out to her co-worker Stephanie. She also just so happens to be one of my old bosses as we used to clean a local business together once a week for about a year and half. So I got just as close to Stephanie as my mom has. It's a Funny story because this is Stephanie's second time working at the duty free shop. Way back in the 90's Stephanie worked at the Shop but then her family decided to move to the coast for a number of years. Before coming back I guess it's nearly 7 years now. So anyway I decided that she too deserved a flower. She actually has two daughters who are just a bit older than me [one is 4 years & 1 is like a year and a half older.] Her daughter Jessica just bought the house right across the street from where I live! So hopefully we will start hanging out once she officially moves in [Since purchasing it she has been busy doing Home Renos on it.]

During our visit with Stephanie [we stayed well over 30 minutes] I wandered around the shop pining over Swarovski jewelry and taking a good look at the Small Makeup & Skin care area. Carefully analyzing and Sampling all the testers and actually paying attention to what they felt like/smelt like/ and how well they worked.

Once we left the Duty Free shop we decided to stop by Shirley's House to give her my last carnation.  Shirley is the Grandmother to my Best friend who lives in the coast. Deborah would spend the whole entire Summer in Osoyoos every year until she turned 16 and then she cut her visits into week long chunks one per month.  I have known Deborah since we were 5 and met at Swimming lessons and oddly enough we are both 1991 Babies born in November exactly 20 days apart. She is the 2nd of November & I am the 22nd of November. So basically we have been Rock Solid Friends since meeting & Bonding every summer and our friendship is still going strong after 17 years.

So basically her family is my family because I spent countless days at her grandparents house because they town house they live in has a Private POOL! And when the Mid to High 30's C are "Average" during the Summer here, you really need to have close access to either beach front or a pool!!!

This means that I consider Shirley to be my Grandmother and her late husband was always my 4th Grandpa growing up. He passed away this winter and it was pretty sad but he had such a LONG Life and I know that he is now at Peace & Free of pain. Plus I have yet another guardian angel watching over me. The Funny Story about having a set of Adopted grandparents meant that as I had previously mentioned ken was my 4th Grandpa! Up until my Grandpa Jack passed away on halloween in 2000 I had him, my adopoted grandpa ken, My Grandpa Alec [mom's dad] and my other Grandpa jack [My Dad's Mom has only ever married men named Jack & is still with Grandpa Jack #3 but really #2 for me because I never met her first husband. I am sorry to say that I am now down to the traditional number of Grandpa's one usually has aka 2.


At one point I was also BLESSED enough to have 4 Grandmother's as well because I have my two grandmother's, Shirley and for half of my life I was blessed enough to have a Great Grandmother who was still alive. She passed away 11 years ago now.

Mom and I visited with Shirley for nearly an Hour before we headed home where I hadn't been since 10:30 a.m and got back inside the front door at 6 p.m!! SO IT WAS A BUSY DAY but it was totally worth it.

So I HAD a Busy day indeed but I love it. I hope you all had a swell Mother's Day even if you celebrate it because you consider pets your fur babies. Everyone deserves to feel like a mother even if they don't actually ever have kids.


---Social Media---

Check out me out here 

Facebook
Page: Chelsea Cameron-Horner: British Columbia Ambassador Candidate 
https://www.facebook.com/ceceforbcap

Blogs~
Blogger: http://ceceforbcap.blogspot.ca/2015/05/random-acts-of-kindness-for-mothers-day.html
WordPress: https://ceceforbcap.wordpress.com/2015/05/21/random-acts-of-kindness-on-mothers-day/

YouTube - Bellz9113 
Video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qM_PVMEiC4&index=32&list=PL1XRRHCh46sxLua4RLn-rKEpowPARvLaC

BC Ambassador Candidacy 2015 Vlog Playlist 
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1XRRHCh46sxLua4RLn-rKEpowPARvLaC

Find me else where on Social Media~ 
Instagram @princesscece1991 
https://instagram.com/princesscece1991/

Twitter @PrincessCeCe91


No comments:

Post a Comment