Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Volunteering at Romancing the Desert




During the early evening on August 8th I volunteered at Romancing the Desert which is an annual fundraiser put on by the Osoyoos Desert Society to raise money for the Osoyoos Desert Centre & Environment based projects! This was my second time volunteering at the event having previously done so in 2009 as an Osoyoos Princess.

This time around I spent time greeting people & directing them as to where they needed to line up for Dinner! Unfortunately my time at the event was quite limited as I had yet another place to get to before the evening ended.

Whilst volunteering I did have the honor of meeting Linda Larson our local MLA as well as say a few words to Madam Mayor Sue McKortoff and speech to the President of the Osoyoos Desert Society and the manager of the Osoyoos Desert Centre as well as greet every guest in attendance. Congratulations on a Successful event!


I made my exit as the last group was being directed to the dinner line after which I headed straight to Oliver for the annual South Okanagan Toastmasters Club #7791 Summer BBQ.



Social Media: 
Osoyoos Desert Centre website: http://www.desert.org/
Osoyoos Desert Centre on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/OsoyoosDesert?ref=ts&fref=ts


Blogs~

WordPress: Volunteering at Romancing the Desert https://ceceforbcap.wordpress.com/2015/08/11/557/
YouTube - Bellz9113 
BC Ambassador Candidacy 2015 Vlog Playlist 

Find me else where on Social Media~ 
Instagram @princesscece1991 

Twitter @PrincessCeCe91

No comments:

Post a Comment