Saturday, September 5, 2015

Backstage Shenanigans on Friday August 14th


Rehearsals before our Speech Presentations on Friday August 14th, 2015

Everyone awoke early and eager for the first day of our official pageant weekend. Which included completing a variety of judged portions of the competition and two public events. Upon arriving at the Merritt Civic Centre we headed off to another fabulous breakfast prepared by Anna Brown and her team. 

Before heading off to the stage for a quick rehearsal of what would happen on Saturday night including quick pageant walks, answering hilariously made up impromptu questions before going over what the award portion would look like. This passed by rather quickly which left us a lot of time to practice speeches as well as do another mini-practice session of presenting our Community Table Displays to the Reigning British Columbia Ambassadors. This was in preparation of the Community Table judging which was happening on Friday Afternoon. 

After another fabulous home cooked style Lunch, everyone headed off to the Dressing Room to start preparing for our busy judged day. Everyone was incredibly lucky that our fellow candidate Rachael Tebulte from Castlegar helped out with everyone's hair for the day. I received so many compliments on my hair that night and more than one person thought it was professionally done! 
Pretty soon it was time for the start of the individual judging sessions of everyone's Community Table Presentations. We were taken into the room and had between 10-15 minutes with the judges to describe our Community tables and showcase the very best of our towns or cities. As once again I was last I anxiously awaited my turn going from doing my makeup to studying the visitors guides from my community. 

As  I was last I started to notice how the time was starting to dwindle and before I knew it there was barely any time left before our scheduled dinner with the judges. When I feel like I'm late or losing time I start to get incredibly anxious. So this was one instance where being last worked against me as I had time to turn into a giant stress ball. It also didn't help when it was finally down to the girl ahead of me and myself waiting to go and they told everyone to go eat Dinner! So I will admit that I knew that I hadn't done so well with my community presentation as I had hoped. However I didn't let it phase me and instead headed into Dinner without giving it much thought. I am however still very proud of my Table Presentation and my how I showcased Osoyoos over all. 


Social Media


Blogs~
BC Ambassador Candidacy 2015 Vlog Playlist 
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1XRRHCh46sxLua4RLn-rKEpowPARvLaC
Shopping in Walmart is a favorite activity of the BC Ambassador Candidates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anshkbxjFMY
BC Ambassador Candidates open windows for fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2ex6DqtkyU

Find me else where on Social Media~ 
Instagram @princesscece1991 

Twitter @PrincessCeCe91


No comments:

Post a Comment