Friday, September 4, 2015

First Morning in Merritt stressing over the Knowledge Exam

My First Official Morning in Merritt

Taking the British Columbia Knowledge Exam on August 12th



Tuesday started in mass confusion and slight chaos when both Tasha and myself passed out with setting an alarm for the morning. #pageantrookie mistake. Luckily Tasha woke up around 10 to 8 a.m roughly just over 20 minute before we had to be ready to go for the day including having everything we may need with us. 

So as I said it was a flurry of activity as we got ready and threw stuff into day bags. Lucky for me I had passed out in my contacts and instead of dealing with it before I just took my entire toiletries bag with me as you never know when you might need to brush your teeth. 


So alas on our journey to the Merritt civic Centre Tasha and I were silent in the car alongside our British Columbia Ambassador coordinators Colleen and Teresa. Naturally it was a mix of nerves for our British Columbia Knowledge exam and being still half asleep. 

When we arrived at the civic Centre we were treated to the official Welcome to the British Columbia Ambassador pageant banner strung up along the front entrance. 


After breakfast which I don't even remember they moved our tables apart and alas it was time for our 3 hour BC exam. Which was what I was always considering to be the most daunting part of the pageant. 


I've never considered myself and in school I typically would struggle with the exams and always felt incredibly stupid. There have only been one or two exams I walked out of feeling good about. So naturally this knowledge exam terrified me from the very start. 


I worked as hard as I could trying to learn the material including attempting to read our study guide once a day sometimes even reading it backwards. I also went through and typed up a historic time line as well as wrote blogs and trivia posts. 

I also used outside material from watching YouTube videos to reading non fiction and fiction books about British Columbia including a BC Bathroom reader and several dear Canada BC based diaries. 


I also wrote flash cards but didn't use them instead using my time to just read the study guide cover to cover as much as possible! Lastly I also made copies of the study guide and used white out and didfill in the blanks. I even created full color sketches of our Provincial coat of arms and flag. I even made knowledge exam vision boards and goal plans. 


So I literally studied harder than ever before!!!! And i walked into the exam absolutely terrified but decided to let the pressure go as soon as we got our exams and simply promised myself i would be proud no matter what so long as i tried my best. 



Slowly one by one My fellow candidates handed their exams in and left the room. Until it was myself and another girl before finally it was just me. After leaving many blanks and simple guesses i eventually reminded myself that i wasn't focusing on horrible pressure and after one last review i declared to myself that i had done my absolute best and handed it In. 

I am extremely proud of how much i accomplished and spoiler i received one of the top 3 highest scores on our exam and was given a medal for my effort. Which was a total shock for me and an extremely proud moment. 


Anyway after I left the exam room I headed straight for my table to finish it before..... 
and you have to tune in for what we did that afternoon! !!

Social Media


Blogs~
Blogger: First Morning In Merritt  Stressing over the Knowledge Exam
http://ceceforbcap.blogspot.ca/2015/09/first-morning-in-merritt-and-stressing.html

BC Ambassador Candidacy 2015 Vlog Playlist 

Find me else where on Social Media~ 
Instagram @princesscece1991 

Twitter @PrincessCeCe91



No comments:

Post a Comment