Friday, September 4, 2015

First Night in Merritt During the BC Ambassador Pageant Week

First Night in Merritt on August 11th

During the 2015 BC Ambassador Pageant Week


After Dinner it was finally time to get our Hotel rooms at the Ramada Limited Merritt  and learn who our Roommates would be during our week in Merritt. I learned that I was too room with Latasha Webster from Lytton  in our fabulous room #107 

We were finally given some downtime before our First trip into Downtown Merritt. I spent the time filling Tasha in as she had missed our candidate meeting. We decided to keep our schedule posted on the t.v Dresser so we could both see it. Meanwhile I settled in apparently making myself quite at home. Having even brought my vision boards with me. 


I have to admit I once again slightly over packed and spent quite a bit of time organizing my room and fully taking over the closet & all 10 hangers plus using several of my own. Luckily Tasha was a sweet & chill roomie and didn't complain. 
During our downtime I also spent time counting out all of the money I had raised through out my 6 month candidacy. As we were to submit it to Teresa and Colleen before taking off for our first Mystery trip on the Town! During which time I counted out that I had managed to raise over $1000 for the British Columbia Ambassador Program!


 As I was Candidate #9 and therefor lucky last, after I had submitted my money it was time to go to..... WALMART for the first of our daily Walmart runs. 
During our time at Walmart Tasha and I were smart and grabbed plenty of drinks including a case of ice Tea and a Case of water. However we didn't really think of snacks and since I had to ditch a vast majority of my snack bag [the whole over packing thing] we stock piled whatever treats I did throw in my bag to tide us over whilst we spent the evening studying for our BC Knowledge Exam! 



I studied for awhile with Tasha before we were invited
to a study session at the room next door. I decided to go although tasha was too tired to join us. 

I really enjoyed myself during our study session which included my fellow Osoyoos Candidate Viveka , Kelsey from Oliver, Tea from Keremeos and Ethan from New Denver. The three other candidates were studying in their own rooms. It was the first time I had really had the chance  to get to know everyone besides Viveka, which was really nice as a vast majority of everyone in our group had reigned together & seemed to know each other really well. It was also the first time I felt like I had a good grasp on the material as everyone borrowed the Historic timeline I had typed & printed out going from 10,000 BC to 2015 and adding fast facts. 

After I left them I studied a bit more on my own as Tasha and I watched the  night news, before we both ended up passing out to the food network. Which may have set us up for an early morning disaster right before taking the knowledge exam..... 

Lastly, I have to say thank you to the Merritt Ramada LTD for having such heavenly mattresses for us to sleep on. I HIGHLY Recommend this hotel in Merritt! 

This official concludes my trio of blog posts from Day 1 in Merritt on August 11th 
Social Media


Blogs~
Blogger: First Night in Merritt During the BC Ambassador Pageant Week 

WordPress: My First Night in Merritt During BC Ambassador Pageant week 
https://ceceforbcap.wordpress.com/2015/09/04/607/

BC Ambassador Candidacy 2015 Vlog Playlist 

Find me else where on Social Media~ 
Instagram @princesscece1991 

Twitter @PrincessCeCe91



No comments:

Post a Comment