Friday, September 4, 2015

A Day full of Rehearsals and Fire Alarms


Today was a full day of rehearsals as we prepared for our speech presentations for the following say Friday August 14. 


Our second home well in Merritt was the  Merritt Leisure centre which is also known as the Merritt Leisure Centre and basically the community centre. So it was very much a shared space between us and the people of Merritt. However the stage area & our green room were always locked from the public. One of my all time favorite things to do was whistle in the empty room with the stage. This helped me de-stress and prepare for the day. So I would typically sneak in when it was still empty right after breakfast.
For part of our speech rehearsals it was a closed stage with our personal choice speeches only being done in front of Teresa. Meanwhile everyone was given an opportunity to practice with Colleen off stage. This is the day the nerves got the better of me especially when I learned my sleeves were over time. 
I spent much of the time with my head but tied in my lap finding quiet places to go over it I my head. 

Upon getting into the stage area I saw how gorgeous it was looking and that made me feel a bit more at ease. 
However after I said it once on stage I was fine after that and all nerves disappear which was good as I had the afternoon for my community speech rehearsal. 

Now around Mid-Morning and just before lunch, the fire alarm started to go off and everyone had to evacuate the building. Fear Not there was no fire!!! Remember how I mentioned the that the Merritt Civic centre was a shared community space? Well one of the children attending the day camp set off the fire alarm. So we had to wait for the fire department to arrive and shut off the alarms before we could re-enter the building and eat lunch!!! 


Around lunch time the 2014 British Columbia Ambassador team arrived and Julie from Oliver made us specially made cupcakes that were decorated in intricate dogwood flowers she made by hand. 










After lunch and everyone was in high spirits it was back to work and everyone changed into their community costumes.
which was my favorite speech a as I loved my outfit.  

After that we all settled into the seats as we watched and supported each other throughout the speeches. I will admit this is the only time i heard anyone's speeches minus the girl right before me throughout the pageant. I decided i didn't want to hear anything back stage during the  judged presentations and stayed in the green room throughout nearly every speech... 

so this was basically the only time i heard everyone speak in general and frankly i am happy i did it that way. This way i wasn't in the mind set of comparing myself to my fellow candidates or analyzing b their speeches in my head. 



After our giant group rehearsals we had the rest of the afternoon to do our speeches a few more times on stage with the mic phones casually and out of order. This time around we did our speeches in font of the BC ambassadors! After a day full of using our voices it was time for dinner which signals the start of a new part/blog



Social Media


Blogs~
Blogger: A Day full of Rehearsals and Fire Alarms http://ceceforbcap.blogspot.ca/2015/09/a-day-full-of-rehearsals.html
WordPress: A Day Full of Rehearsals and Fire Alarms
https://ceceforbcap.wordpress.com/2015/09/05/635/

BC Ambassador Candidacy 2015 Vlog Playlist 

Find me else where on Social Media~ 
Instagram @princesscece1991 

Twitter @PrincessCeCe91

No comments:

Post a Comment