Friday, September 4, 2015

First Day of Pageant Week In Merritt

First Day of Pageant Week in Merritt

How we spent our first afternoon in Merritt on August 11th

After signing our contracts we set up our Green room space before being told it was time to set up our Community Table Displays. Which frankly did not go so well for me. I was extremely stressed out from a lack of sleep, food, and over all concern about my mom having to see a mechanic to have the van checked out. Which by the way my mom doesn't have a cell phone so I couldn't really communicate with her as to what was going on. 

So naturally I struggled with setting up my community table quite a bit. Meanwhile my fellow candidates seemed to have their tables set up instantly. 
Meanwhile after all the other tables felt as if they had magically appeared and were completely finished this is what I felt like I had managed to accomplish, which was not a super great feeling. 
On a Slightly happier note as we were setting up our community table displays our two British Columbia Ambassador Program Coordinators Colleen & Teresa came around and presented us with our community banners! 

This naturally helped with my stress level a bit as  I did feel like I had at least accomplished one thing. After we were given our banners I briefly got to see my mom who came to tell me the mechanic was currently doing a test drive on the van. Which helped with my stress a bit before I headed off for dinner. 

After I had been presented my banner I kept working hard at my table but after what seemed like only a few minutes to work on it, had turned into over an hour of our afternoon it was time for our first meal! Which was cooked by the fabulous Anna Brown & Her team of cooks.  We had Nachos & a few other things [wish I had taken pictures at every meal!!!!] but basically we were fed like royalty the entire time whilst in Merritt and were treated to these fabulous home cooked meals each day! 

After this it was time to check into our hotel & Find out who our roommies would be for the week! Alas you will have to await this cliff hanger as I will be doing Day One part three about the first evening in Merritt for the next post! 
Social Media


Blogs~
WordPress: First Day in Merritt during the 2015 British Columbia Ambassador Pageant Week 
https://ceceforbcap.wordpress.com/2015/09/04/first-day-in-merritt-during-the-2015-bc-ambassador-pageant-week/

BC Ambassador Candidacy 2015 Vlog Playlist 

Find me else where on Social Media~ 
Instagram @princesscece1991 

Twitter @PrincessCeCe91

No comments:

Post a Comment