Saturday, September 5, 2015

Friday Night Speech Presentations



2015 British Columbia Ambassador Speech Night ~ August 14th, 2015

After having Dinner with the judges we had a bit of down time in the Dressing room before people started arriving and we went out into the Lobby to visit everyone! The 2015 Osoyoos Royalty Team gave me lots of hugs and presented me with a Bouquet of Flowers & A Vase as well as warm wishes before I went on stage. 



I also ran into Marji Basso who was involved in the 2015 V-Day Oliver/Osoyoos Spring Production, having been the director. So she was 

one of the first people to support me 
once I had announced my intentions 
so it was a joy to see her once more 
towards the end of my journey. 

Another person who came out to Support me was Shayla who was a former Merritt Ambassador in 2009 and was one of my best friends during my reign as Osoyoos Princess. Since I've been attending the BC Ambassador Pageant since my time as an Osoyoos Princess starting in August of 2008, I had the pleasure of watching Shayla as a candidate when she ran in 2012. 

I also got to see Bill Greer a fellow member of the South Okanagan Toastmasters Club #7791 who was also a club member during my previous toastmaster experience as an Osoyoos Royalty Candidate in 2008. He and his wife Ruby made the Trip out to Merritt to support myself as well as the other candidates! 


I also briefly got to see my parents and when I say briefly I meant it. As my family was traveling back to Osoyoos right after our speeches were over, as my mom had to work at 7 a.m the next morning! So Unfortunately they were unable to attend the Dinner & dance that was to follow the Speeches. 

However I was thrilled they could even make it to the event and were able to get home safely having had to travel through the Forest Fire zone! 

After greeting everyone it came time to head back into the Dressing room for a few last minute makeup touch ups before heading out onto the stage for presenting the first of our two Speeches, which were the speeches on the topic of our choosing.

In all honesty I wasn't really nervous for the speech presentation. In all honesty I was vastly more anxious during our speech Rehearsals the day before.

 I knew that I had personally had many supporters in the crowd who were there to lend me their unspoken support from the audience. I also kept the mentality that the crowd in general was supporting me and wanted to see me to excel.

I feel like if you go into any situation where you performing in front of any kind of public crowd whether you are Speaking, Acting, Singing, dancing, performing, or even just posing [as a model] it is best to go into it with a positive mentality & perspective on your audience whoever they might be. So I like to maintain the positive mentality of everyone making up the audience is only there to SUPPORT me than it helps me feel more at ease personally regardless of whether I'm acting, speaking, singing, dancing or even Rapping [Throwback to playing Sister Amnesia last fall in South Okanagan Amateurs Production of Nunset Boulevard.]

I felt even more at ease after I had presented my speech entitled Acting through the ages it was time for a short intermission [me being number 9 & Lucky Last] During which we were once again allowed to mingle with the crowd before heading backstage once more to put on our community costumes.

During the intermission I was able to talk to people about how I did which helped me feel even better about presenting my second & final Speech. I was also able to get some last minute advice from Bill Greer who was there representing the South Okanagan Toastmasters Club #7791 

After the intermission ended and I was dressed and ready to go in my Community costume I was positively GIDDY backstage. I was even Dancing around in my gorgeous blue metalic floor length and very swishy/swirly dress [Representing Osoyoos Lake] with bright yellow Shirt & Necklace adding to my cheerful disposition with my Sage Satin Belt tying in all of that which represents Osoyoos to me, the water, the sun & the unique landscape surrounding our town.

Which was able to really pump me up before going on stage where I feel like I totally rocked my Community Speech! It also helped that I was able to practice my speech over and over and OVER again the green room as it became more empty. I was not the only one using the empty space to hurriedly practice before it was time to go on stage. Picture below is Rachael in her community costume & Mary Margaret or should I say Stin-qua the legendary Cowichan Lake Water Monster.  


Lastly I don't have any videos of my choice speech which I called Acting through the ages but here is one of the practice recordings of my Osoyoos Community Speech that I recorded and Uploaded onto YouTube


Social Media


Blogs~
BC Ambassador Candidacy 2015 Vlog Playlist 

Find me else where on Social Media~ 
Instagram @princesscece1991 

Twitter @PrincessCeCe91


No comments:

Post a Comment