Sunday, September 6, 2015

My Cinderella Moment







                                                         Royalty Dinner & Dance                                                                          Friday August 14th, 2015 at the Merritt Desert Inn 


So after our Speeches everyone including my fellow candidates, the reigning BC ambassadors, visiting royalty, community co-ordinators family and friends all headed  to the Merritt Desert Inn for a dinner and small dance. 

As I mentioned in the previous Blog my parents had to head home to Osoyoos right after the speech presentations so my mom could be at work by 7 am the next morning. I was then one of two candidates who had no family there to drive me to and from dinner. 

So enter my pageant bestie shayla who lives in Merritt and became like my has-been sister who was able to drive me to and from dinner. As well as come to the Saturday luncheon to support me. 


Dinner was fabulous and I spent the evening sitting beside the Osoyoos royalty and a large group of the other visiting royalty. 



During dinner I also handed out the gifts I had brought for my fellow candidates and the reigning BC Ambassador Team. Which were held in the watermark beach resort bags that had been sitting under my table. Now I chose to hand them out on Friday and thus alter my table (slightly) as that way people could be able to pack them up that night and it would mean one less thing for me to think about on Saturday. 

I put together everyone's gift by hand dividing up things equally and putting thought into each person. Inside their gift bag from Watermark Beach Resort  included a Pen & Brochure from the resort. I also included Old Osoyoos town Coins from 1977 donated by Osoyoos Town Council member Mike Campol  I also included several Avon Makeup Samples all donated by the local Avon lady Lisa Ondejko who runs In Touch Wellness in Osoyoos. I myself donated a full size container of my home made Sunscreen, Lemon Lip Balm and a Mary Kay Cleanser & Moisturizer sample as I am a Mary-Kay Rep. For Ethan I included a small gift donated by the Osoyoos Duty Free since I didn't include any makeup samples for him!



At one point during dinner there was afunny yet awkward moment when the royalty were having a cake eating contest. When i proceeded to ask if I could record people eating literally saying "can I record you eating?" Which caused a small laugh riot and delay in the contest. However once it stated the winner managed to eat his cake in 30 seconds! 


Shortly after the dance started and Shayla and I were stoked and the first ones out on the dance floor. It had been years (since 2010) when I had last been at a royalty dance. And I was eager to get the dance party started. Alas the last song I could stay for was the traditional royalty song which is Saturday Night by Whigfield  and everyone got up to do the Royalty Dance. This song has played at every ball/Dance/Pageant for as long as anyone can remember. In fact many people have the tradition of the reigning royalty teaching it to the new candidates before they take on their new titles.




Eventually I had to be like Cinderella and leave the ball in order to make it back to the hotel by my 11 p.m curfew. But not before I signed the guest book which basically hasn't been signed since 1013. 
Now the question is did Cinderella make it back home before the stroke of midnight (ahem 11 p.m)that is the question...



Social Media
Check out me out here 

Blogs~
WordPress: My Night like Cinderella at the BC Ambassador Ball https://ceceforbcap.wordpress.com/2015/09/06/cinderellamoment/

Youtube~
BC Ambassador Candidacy 2015 Vlog Playlist 

Find me else where on Social Media~ 
Instagram @princesscece1991 

Twitter @PrincessCeCe91

No comments:

Post a Comment